Facilities Director/Safety Officer
Demonstrates the knowledge and assessment skills necessary to communicate, educate, and provide a safe environment. To provide leadership and management of outcomes organizationally and for department(s). Develops philosophy, objectives, policies, processes, and procedures for department(s); assumes responsibility as the situation warrants and responds in whatever capacity the condition or schedule requires. Assumes responsibility for establishing, promoting and maintaining hospital security and property protection programs.
The Facilities Director/Safety Officer would be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Direction of the Plant Operations Department.
- Managing preventive maintenance, emergency/non-emergency repairs to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operation of the entire facility and all related operating equipment within the facility.
- Supervision of operations, maintenance, and safety of multiple buildings and structures.
- Implements and maintains effective documentation/reporting system for equipment control, history, finances, and preventive maintenance.
- Completing the Statement of Conditions as required by DNV
- Participates in hospital wide safety education training.
- Accountable for staff implementation of the four phases of emergency management; implementation of emergency management across the six critical areas; collaboration across clinical and operational areas to implement emergency management hospital-wide
- Identifies and collaborates with the community response partners.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management or Engineering Degree
- Well-developed interpersonal communication and leadership skills required.
- NIMS training within (6) months.
- A minimum of seven (7) years in Plant and Property Management
- Current Certified Healthcare Facility Manager certification or ability to obtain within one (1) year
- Valid Driver's License
- Knowledge of NFPA codes and standards, Joint Commission and CMS standards, OSHA, EPA and state and local codes and standards
- Experience or working knowledge in all aspects of building trades, including HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and carpentry
- Previous project management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled