Medical Records Clerk
Utilizes knowledge skill and judgement in the distribution of results of diagnostic quality studies or tests. Distributes patient/family information. Maintains department files. Answers department telephone and responds to inquiries and requests. Reconciles all discharge records (Inpatient/Observation/Day Surgery/Emergency Room and Outpatient Clinical Records). Preps all Inpatient/Day Surgery/Observation/Emergency Room and Outpatient Clinical Records. Scans all records and loose miscellaneous indexes and releases all scanned records/loose miscellaneous into the electronic medical. Analyzes Inpatient/Observation/Day Surgery/Emergency Room and Outpatient Clinical Records. Performs 2nd Quality Control on 10% of records. .
- High school graduate/GED.
- Must be able to work under pressure with fluctuating workload
- Exercise judgment, think and act independently.
- Ability to decipher handwriting accurately.
- Must have legible handwriting.
- Must have good keyboard skills
- A minimum of one (1) year related clerical experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled