Pharmacist (Critical Care-M-F 7a-330p)
The Pharmacist assists with the oversight and overall pharmacy operations with regards to preparation and dispensing of medications for patients served by the Pharmacy Department. The pharmacist may be responsible for the purchase of pharmacy inventory to include narcotics and other necessary drugs, equipment, and items to insure availability. When there is an established formulary, the pharmacist is required to adhere to that formulary or follow the established procedure for exceptions.
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the department.
- Maintains competence required for current job title/position
- Education: Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent
- Experience: Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Certification/Licensure: Current license to practice Pharmacy in Texas and maintains all required CE
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients: Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric
- Customer oriented at all times
- Must be diplomatic
- Work within a diverse workforce
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Overall decision-making responsibility
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled