About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
The Pharmacist assists with the oversight and overall pharmacy operations with regards to preparation and dispensing of medications for patients served by the Pharmacy Department. The pharmacist may be responsible for the purchase of pharmacy inventory to include narcotics and other necessary drugs, equipment, and items to insure availability. When there is an established formulary, the pharmacist is required to adhere to that formulary or follow the established procedure for exceptions.
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the department.
- Maintains competence required for current job title/position
- Education: Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent
- Experience: Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Certification/Licensure: Current license to practice Pharmacy in Texas and maintains all required CE
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients: Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric
- Customer oriented at all times
- Must be diplomatic
- Work within a diverse workforce
- Pressure to perform in emergency situations
- Overall decision-making responsibility
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledSalary range: $55-$75/hour
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.