About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
If you are a Registered Nurse who is looking for a new position that offers plenty of opportunities to develop and expand you’re nursing skills with an innovative healthcare organization, join our team at Wadley Regional Medical Center! We are currently seeking experienced and compassionate Registered Nurses.
In order to ensure that you are able to provide the highest quality care to our patients, we provide state-of-the-art equipment and electronic medical records systems. We are also committed to your continued education and professional development with exceptional opportunities for experienced RNs. If you are looking for a career home with a healthcare organization dedicated to providing compassionate care with a diverse population, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Apply today!
As a Registered Nurse, you will ensure that patients receive consistent and high-quality care. This will include administering medications and medical treatments, as well as coordinating treatment plans and determining the level of care for each patient based on their specific needs.
Your specific duties will include:
- Responding quickly to changes in patient condition or response to treatment, and communicating relevant information to physician and other staff members
- Communicating information to staff members concerning each patient’s current condition or changes in their condition
- Preparing for and participating in surveys made by authorized government agencies
- Admitting, transferring, and discharging patients as required
- Monitoring medication and treatment schedules
- Maintaining positive relationships with all members of the healthcare team
- Utilizing knowledge, skill, and judgment in providing direct and indirect patient care
- Participating in patient/family/staff education
- Providing safe practices in all aspects of patient care activities
- Maintaining current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice
As a Registered Nurse, you must be a team-oriented and compassionate professional who is committed to providing exceptional service to all of our patients. You will ensure that HCAHPS scores fall within acceptable ranges by providing service excellence. It is also important that you are highly organized and that you demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse population.
Specific qualifications include:
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited school of nursing
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing, preferred
- Current RN license for the State of Texas, or current Compact State license
- One (1) year of nursing experience, Two years for FLEX - required
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Experience working with electronic medical records systems
- Ability to effectively multitask in an ever-changing environment
- Consistent work history and longevity with previous employers
- The following certifications are required within 90 days of employment:
- NIHSS - ICU,HEMO,SDU,ED, Med Surg, Flex
- ACLS - ICU, HEMO, SDU, Med/Surg, ED, PACU, DS, GI Lab, Cath Lab
- COAP - ICU, ED, BHU
- ENPC - ICU, ED, Pedi, PACU
- TNCC - ED
- ESI Triage - ED
- NIMS Training - ED RNs, Directors
- ABG Training - ICU, HEMO, SDU, ED, FLEX, Nursery
- PALS -ED
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 129236