RN Transfer Center/EMS Manager
Works with director(s) to communicate key programs and services while reporting issues that arise from the targeted EMS, rural hospitals and free standing ED's. Develops strategies and special projects/activities to achieve pre-determined goals as necessary to increase EMS/hospital amdissions/transfers. Uses nursing background to work with clinical departments to assist in achieving consistent communication of clinical services including protocols and patient care issues to the EMS, rural hospitals and free standing ED's. Daily in-person marketing contacts to EMS, rural hospitals and free standing ED's to assess needs and identify those needs that can be met by the hospital. Participates on internal and external committees or task forces as needed to address operational issues that impact EMS/transfers.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN or related bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS.
- Current TX or Compact State RN licensure.
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
- Demonstrates personal initiative, poise, confidence, accepts challenges. Have a proven hospital/sales background.
- Demonstrates persuasive negotiating skills; articulate in both written and oral communication.
- Knowledge of physicians, their referral patterns and hospital departments is very helpful.
- Demonstrates good time management and organizational skills.
- Must be customer and results oriented.
- Good listening skills mandatory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled