Travel CST - Certified Surgical Tech
Offering Premium Pay, Customizable Contracts, Travel Reimbursement, Housing Allowance, Guaranteed Hours, and more!
Local Travel Contracts Available!
Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and OR Leadership, assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures.
- Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure.
- Directs and/or provides professional perioperative care for an assigned group of patients across the age continuum.
- Monitor PAR level of all surgical instruments and supplies.
- Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments.
- Assists as needed within scope Surgical Technician.
- Expertly performs role of a resource surgical technician in all surgical specialties.
- Performs scrub duties according to procedure, demonstrating a high level of skill and efficiency, while displaying the surgical consciousness required within this highly specialized environment.
- Accountable for accurate counts of sponges, needles, and instruments as appropriate before, during and after surgical procedures.
- Has a surgical conscience in the principles of aseptic technique in maintaining a sterile environment.
- Anticipates the instruments/equipment the surgeon will need next.
- Assists in turnover of rooms and preps for patients.
- Hold retractors and complete additional tasks at surgeon’s request during procedure.
- Handles tissue specimens obtained for laboratory analysis.
- Organize and restock following surgical procedures.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an OR in a hospital setting, previous Trauma experience preferred
- Clear and Active CST, NBSTSA
- BLS required
- Locals must live within a 30-minute call radius from hospital.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees in benefit eligible positions. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
- Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance, Transitions Program, 401(k)
Please feel free to call or email us with any questions regarding the Steward National Traveler Network!
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 140898